January is finally over and with that, MacKid South Shore will be bringing you all things Valentine's Day for the next 14 days :)
I was never really into V day and the hoopla around it until I had littles. Really like anything these days, all things seem to revolve around them but if you have a significant other, sometimes a simple gesture can go a long way. This year, my husband and I plan to stay IN and I am so excited about all of the local options to order from to make the night more special that an average Wednesday (and so that him or I don’t have to cook!). V day gifts aren’t big over here but you know I will take any excuse to support local, so I’ve rounded up some awesome gifts for your SO, galentine, or anyone in between. Happy February, friends!
1. On Board by Ashley: Cheese will always be the way to my heart. I can't think of a better night in than a charcuterie board with so much deliciousness. A V day heart board (serves 2-3) or a V day lovers board (serves 6-8) takes all of the work out and puts all of the yum in to your valentines night at home! Mention MacKid and get $10 off your order!
2. Board 143: Cheese and Charcuterie, Caviar and Champs, and wine galore! So many amazing options to make your night extra special! They even have the option to add a beautiful bouquet of flowers to your order, hello one stop shopping!
3. Petite Sweets: indulge in the deliciousness that petite sweets creates! Her treats are almost too pretty to eat but it never stops me trying everything. She has two options for sampler boxes (small and large) that I think will be impossible to share, so large may be the way to go! Mention MacKid and get 10% off your order!
4. Scale and Spoon: my tried and true. Where I send anyone who wants the best cookie they have had in their life. I wait ALL YEAR for her V day specialty cookie (the cherry garcia) and already ordered weeks ago! She is offering a Valentine’s dozen that is a sampler of all of her cookies and her delicious cupcakes, as always! Mention MacKid in notes at check out and get a free cookie!
5. Mrs. Mekler Mercantile: Preorder and head to the coveted Sugar Shack in Cohasset to grab a Cupid's Crush Grazing Box! The box is a collection of special seasonal items put together: Lemon Shortbreads, a whole Chocolate Caramel Marshmallow Bar, some Chocolate Covered Dried Cherries & Dried Strawberries, more chocolate covered madness with Dark & Milk Chocolate Caramel Hearts, and finally some Cinnamon Sanded Hearts for the gummy lover in your life. Mention MacKid in the notes section and check out and receive a special treat!
6. Clandestine Kitchen: you all know my love for Clandestine Kitchen and this V day special looks AMAZING and has you covered in all departments!!!! Short Rib Ragu Bucatini, Applewood Smoked Wedge Salad, Tiramisu for 2 – YES, PLEASE!!!! Delivered right to your door? YES, PLEASE!! The best part? An add on menu for the kiddos (chicken and broccoli rigatoni) to treat them to a special dinner, too!
1. CLNandDRTY: my holy grail skincare would make for some great V day presents (for yourself or a galentine!), they even stay on theme with some of their incredible scents. The Rose Toner and The New Romantic Cleansing Stick (I can’t go anywhere without talking about this) are my fav! Use code MACKID15 for 15% off your order!
2. Feather+Finn: South Shore fav, Feather+Finn just launched their new everday collection candle line and I am soooo in love with it. A candle is always a good gift for anyone on any occasion, especially one of these newbies. Stay on theme with Wild Rose or one of my new favs: golden hour and olive leaf. Also brand new to the f+f fam is the room and linen spritz in three different scents. I am so excited to try these! Use code MACKIDSS15 for 15% off your order!
3. Strand the Boutique: If anyone needs gift ideas for a friend or just wants to treat themselves, I send them to Strand! Strand has two locations, one in Duxbury and one at Derby Street. Both are perfectly curated with so many great ideas for Valentine's Day. They have a whole page on their website with V day picks you can check out to see what I am talking about!. My number one pick for V day? These awesome ski goggles from goodr!
4. The Nautical Collection: I swoon over all of Kat’s coastal art, her love for the ocean comes through in all of her pieces and her gallery is nothing short of magical. Her XO print is so on theme for V day and perfect for any coastal lover. A unique and perfect gift that will be enjoyed for years! Use code MACKID10 for 10% off an XO print!
5. Levitate: Levitate is always my go-to for gifting something to anyone on my list! From sweaters and fleece to their new and amazing activewear line, there is so much goodness in store and I want it all! I am especially swooning over this Apres Ski Sweater and think it would make for the perfect V day gift! Shop in store or buy online (yay for free shipping!)
6. Where Watermelons Grow: If you have followed for awhile, you know my love runs deep for WWG, the mama behind the brand and the beautiful and unique pieces of jewelry she sells. Quite literally anything from her shop would make for a great gift but I received the fleur cuff bracelet and I absolutely love it. IF I had my ears pierced, I would absolutely blue point earrings by now and am so sad that I cannot! Use code MacKid15 for 15% off your order!
7. Merrily Blooms: What is Valentine’s Day without some beautiful flowers? Meryl of Merrily Blooms is a force when it comes to flowers and the magic she creates but these special occasion, V day blooms might be my favorite ever! Choose from all different sizes, pick up or delivery. My favorite part: one of the options for pick up! Grab a reservation at Vine bar in Scituate, and your flowers will be waiting on your table for you! Talk about a big play!!!
8. Easkey Right: Scituate based, Easkey Right, creates ocean inspired pieces that bring their love of the ocean into your hands, while also donating to AmpSurf (a non-profit organization that provides adaptive surf therapy to veterans, first responders, and those living with disabilities) with each sale. Their burgee bracelets, created from boat rope and brass hardware, would make an A+ gift!
1. Burke’s Hot Sauce: one bottle, two bottles, three bottles, more! I don’t know why this always lands under the “him” list when I use more Burke’s than my husband in my own home. Therefore for anyone on your list, spice things up this V day with some Burke’s! It's hard to pick a fav but I think mango scotch bonnet and verde serrano are a great place to start! Use code MKSS15
2. SlackTide: what’s better than a coffee straight from SlackTide? Well, nothing. But buying a coffee lover a slacktide camp mug with a bag of coffee roasted right in Marshfield seems like a great second place.
3. Four Corners Supply Co.: Head to Hanover (or shop online) for a unique (and sustainable) gift from Four Corners. So many options for your Valentine or your littles! but my top pick (mostly because I know my husband would love) is the Outdoor and Boating Folding Knife!
4. Island Creek Oysters: I am pretty sure it is a sin to live on the South Shore without loving and eating oysters. Therefore, it is pretty important to know how to shuck an oyster! What better way than grabbing this shuck set (that is on sale!) as a gift. Want to make it even sweeter? Order some Love Point Oysters from Maine that can be delivered right to your door on V day!
5. Seabird Coffee: Seabird is known for it’s delicious coffee but quite honestly, they also always have killer merch that is hard to pass up whenever I am in their Cohasset or Duxbury location. This new South Shore Seabird hat is a winner and I think the perfect gift!
6. Levitate: My go-to (again!) but I bought my husband this overhead geo print fleece for Christmas and he wears it all of the time. It is super cozy and warm with a unique print! And even better, it’s on sale! Head to their store or order online (yay for free shipping!) and win Valentine’s Day this year.
7. BirchBarn Designs: BirchBarn is fillllllled with so many ideas and options for anyone on your list, any time of the year. Whenever I am stuck on someone who has everything, to BirchBarn I go! I especially love this beer caddy and wooden bottle opener as a V day gift!
8. Untold Brewing: head down the street from BirchBarn and fill that caddy with some top notch Untold beer or a gift card for any craft beer lover in your life! Pretty sure my husband would rate this gift a 10/10.
Feel the love, spread the love and shop local this Valentine's Day!