I love the anticipation of a new season, and I’m especially grateful for fall in New England. There’s something so exciting about a new school year, the return of pumpkin spice, and watching the leaves turn from green to vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges. This fall certainly looks different than previous years, but that’s even more reason to cherish moments with family and make new traditions.
Fall is a great time to celebrate local farmers and the delicious foods they produce. October 12th is National Farmers Day, and my family will be enjoying delicious dairy and thanking the dairy farm families of New England who work hard every day to produce a nutritious product.
Celebrate fall and local dairy foods with these family-friendly activities and recipes.
- Live Virtual Dairy Farm Tours – We are hosting three virtual tours (10/13, 10/20, 10/27) via Zoom. Kids will have the opportunity to look into the barns, meet the cows, and learn firsthand how dairy farmers take care of their cows, the land, environment, and their communities. Parents and kids of all ages are welcome to join any of the tours.
- Mess with Your Milk - Nine easy, DIY milk experiments
- Mooga - Cow-inspired yoga poses
- Milk Jug-O-Lantern & Cow Cookies – A Halloween-themed craft and recipe for the whole family.
- Apple-Cinnamon Whole-Grain Pancake Muffins
- Stovetop Butternut Squash Shells and Cheese
- Pumpkin Spice Greek Yogurt Dip from the Lemon Bowl
- Cardamon Cinnamon and Honey Moon Milk
New England Dairy and the dairy farm families of New England hope these activities and recipes will bring joy to you and your family and help you make memories together that will last a lifetime.
Visit NewEnglandDairy.com to learn more.