I live in California and just found out my kids will be home for at least the next five weeks because of COVID-19. The teachers were not prepared for our closure to happen, so we have very limited work coming from school, at least for now.
But that doesn't mean I want my kids to spend their days on their electronic devices and watching YouTube videos.
I want them to keep learning.
So I rounded up some educational resources that kids of all ages could use at home. I was impressed with some of the great online programs I found, as well as some awesome printable websites!
Here is a list of free educational resources for you to explore and use with your family:
- $5 Dinners Daily Kids Cooking Lessons Starting 3/16
- Atlantic White Shark Conservatory Shark Story Hour with Q/A Daily on Facebook
- Breakout EDU Digital Learning Games
- Busy Teacher Printable Worksheets and Lesson Plans
- CK-12 The Smarter Way to Learn
- Common Core Sheets Worksheets for All Subjects and Ages
- CommonLit Reading Passages and Literacy Resources
- E Reading Worksheets Reading Worksheets
- Easy Teacher Worksheets Printables for All Subjects and Ages
- EdHelper Free Worksheets and Math Printables
- Education.com Worksheets and Printables
- Epic! Digital Library for Kids 12 and Under
- Good2Learn Online Math and English Lessons
- Great Schools Worksheets for Preschool through 5th Grade
- Helping with Math Printable Math Resources for K-8
- Home Spelling Words Spelling Worksheets
- Homeschool Math Math Worksheets
- IXL Personalized Learning with Comprehensive Pre-K-12 Curriculum and More
- JumpStart Printable Worksheets for All Subjects and Ages
- K5 Learning Reading and Math for K-5
- K12 Reader Reading Instruction Resources, Printables, and Articles
- Kidzone Worksheets for Children
- Khan Academy Online Courses, Lessons, and Practice
- Math-Aids Dynamically Created Math Worksheets
- Math-drills.com Math Worksheets
- Math is Fun Math Worksheets
- Mystery Science Open-and-Go Lessons that Inspire Kids to Love Science
- PBS Kids Daily Newsletter with Activities and Tips to Learn at Home Plus Online Games
- Prodigy Math Learning Platform
- Scholastic Learn at Home Daily projects for kids in Pre-K and up.
- School Express Worksheet Generator and Teacher Created Materials for All Ages
- Science4Us Worksheets, Printables, and Hands-On Science Activities for K-2
- ScienceWerkz® Download Middle School Interactive Science Content
- SoftSchools Printable Math and Phonics Worksheets, Math Games, and Grammar Quizzes
- Spelling Words Printable Spelling Worksheets
- Super Teacher Worksheets Worksheets for All Subjects
- TeAchnology Printable Worksheets for K-12
- TLS Books Educational Worksheets for Preschool through 6th Grade
- Twinkl Interactive Activities and More
- VidCode Hour of Code
- Vooks A World of Animated Storybooks
I hope that if you find your kids home unexpectedly this gives you resources to keep them learning!